Saturday, December 27, 2008

How It All Started




----------------

Beauty is the will to be beautiful.

You have to want it very much (as if it is in the blood and one could smell it from wanting it more than anything) and then; to help this process becoming a reality, comes along with a few selected chosen products. These words were once said by Mrs Lauder when she first started to sell her products.

I have never been svelte or immaculate. The term 'pear shaped' might have been invented for me. I had gained nearly three stone when I was pregnant wiz Eji. And lost only 1 stone since he was born. A fact of which I was constantly reminded by my only child who is delighted by grabbing mounds of flesh in his lil hand and shouting "Mummy you are fat around this area".Being me, from a very young age of 15, I honestly preferred buying products from overseas (ie. from skincare, food snacks, to the more recent activities such as clothing and shoes for eji, bags, etc etc), but come tis year's birthday, I've decided to go local, natural as much as possible. This new resolution was applauded by my son as his final chapter at Chiltern covers the topic. This applies to our way of life too (from recycling things, switching the aircond less, quitting the gym & hatta yoga :-(, closing in more to the circle of old friends- to creating new ones, start cooking and baking more often for da family, attend more family gathering, keeping in touch with new and old, giving to our jiran next door the sweet bakes- not just during Puasa and many more). This idea was raised by both me and my husband as to exposing my son to different specks of life. I want him to have a more fuller, realistic expectation colorful perspective in daily routines. We are not changing the way to our norm lifestyle but just the mindset. Of coz, the whole thing MUST start first with mummy (It made me shudder).

With 40 just being round the corner, bodily shape often does not look like they used to. So, since everything is expensive (and the domestic economy looks kinda bleak) plus the fact that there are definitely loads of work to do on me, which at the end would be costly...I've decided to go realistic. I've done a complete research one after another on these local brands of skincare and cheaper toiletries...(to name a few from SKII, Sothys to Shiseido and further experimenting down along Maybelline & Loreal to a particular local brand called Olynn, Toiletries from Oral B, Boots to Himalaya brand and Colgate Safi, AND OPI to cutting my nail short and stubby)....WOW that were pretty drastic!

But what can I do...news are everywhere (ie. di kaki lima whilst waiting in full sweat during lunch for a cab at one of the first shopping complex in KL-the ever sweet old Ampang Park, or at the long queue in Giant or Cold storage) recession is gonna HIT us hard next year-imminent! We are constantly reminded of all things related..grocers maintaining their price even when oil price has gone down, and that some serving in the government agencies are living below poverty level (that's with housing support, mind you)...factories and overseas rep offices are closing down......that scares the light out of me. Following are the few drastic actions : Evaluate, assess and select the options on skincare that are available, maintaining a satisfactory result. At the same time, I wanted to do something (though I might be a latebloomer in biz venture). I WANT EXTRA CASH to enable me secretly (when away from son and husband) to maintain what I am used to (splurged once in a while on great bargains, vacation twice a year etc). My friends have been urging me to dabble in simple biz venture that I would enjoy and don't get all twisted in knots at the end of the day) and after endless persistance from two ladies who coincidently name Lynn, ie that is with all the pleading, whining and their confidence, Believing in the products, and wanting to do good to others - got me started in taking quick cosmetology lessons. I learnt about doing facial, product knowledge etc. Geez...I am taking this quite seriously, but you know what... all the learning and what I found out later on doing actual facial to a person, is ... IT IS very therapeutic for me! Away from all the office stressed, chaotic world, traffic jams....one only need to concentrate doing the facial, strokes and circular motion movements and seeing that the customer is satisfied and felt refreshed from it all, was optimum for me.

On a personal note, im a person who stand taking affordable supplement, natural dieting product...huh???!!!!-This is a MUST for me, exercising wiz my son and hubby, enjoying more family time together, selalukan praying to God Almighty. Im not promoting this particular skincare product, but after knowing the Founder of this local skincare product, whom is now a close friend of mine, with her doing the demo on me, and ME believing in the products....(i was terrrrrribly skeptical at first coz i've always looked down with a smirked), all I can say is Alhamdulillah,Yes it has changed my way of life, how I see things. I love the products, it worked perfectly on me, especially the Exfoliation Powder: it has miraculously scrubbed off the darken area (in malay, berdaki - that is) near the pelipat kulit at the private area-pantyline area, tempat berkerak at the underarms- has all gone bye-bye; kulit berkerak is long gone now and most of all, I found out that I do have a forte in doing facial on friends' faces (I get all excited-tied in knots; when asked to do so), traditional massages etc. I love seeing people happier on the result of the facial. As I have always been a result-oriented, introducing these products to my office friends, I have gotten raving reviews about it. I truly enjoyed seeing my friends faces becoming more beautiful that ever, some said their womanly discharge get clearer and more healthier, sex life get better (ehhh who are we kidding, we are gonna touch 40 next year), friends who have successfully losing weight; berat badan turun by about 6kg in a month (heck...we are not talking Heidi Klum here...more like Oprah maybe in 2007). Who knows one day I might just end up opening a spa of my own, right???? he he he
In short, I no longer judge a book by its cover- I see everybody as an equal, more radiant and younger looking skin, slimmer and calmer me, less stressed, take time to look at an issue, de-fragment it slowly and find avenues without being hype about it, friendship is more open for me (I do not pilih bulu dulu, but now accepts easily friendship from the cleaner or the office tea lady). Yeahhhh.....I'm now a Better ME and deliriously happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment